“You don't stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing.”
― George Bernard Shaw
“Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art”
Ageing gracefully refers to the concept of growing older while maintaining good physical health, mental well-being, and a positive attitude toward the ageing process. Ageing gracefully is a way of telling older adults that they don’t look their age but look much younger. Ageing gracefully is not just about appearance, but about taking care of your overall well-being with discipline and dignity. To continue this you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle and surround yourself with loving people and love your work.
Ageing gracefully calls for the following:
· Take care of your skin: Protect your skin by using moisturizer to keep it supple and avoid contact with dust, hot sun rays, and harsh wind as some are allergies to skin rashes, itching, etc.
· Exercise: Regular exercise helps to retain a healthy body and soul as it keeps different ailments like blood pressure, heart diseases, etc., and improves sleep by reducing stress
· Healthy diet: Eat healthy food like leafy vegetables, fruits, and protein products, and reduce the number of carbs.
· Positive attitude: Adopt a positive outlook towards life even in the midst of stress and anxiety.
· Adequate sleep: An adult should try to get an eight-hour of sleep a day and children must get more of course.
· Hydration: Drinking 3 to 4 litres of water every day keeps the body hydrated, it will improve the texture of the skin as water helps in flushing out toxins from the body.
· Stay socially active: Spend a good time with your family, friends and relatives. This will help in boosting up your morale and spirits high.
· Stay physically active: Numerous studies have proved that a sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of different illnesses and premature death.
· Free from stress: Maintaining a positive outlook and meditation techniques will lead you to be stress-free and keep you happy.
· Be a learner: Engage in continuous learning like exploring new interests, trying out creative activities, cultivating new hobbies, art, craft, etc
· Volunteering: Try contributing something toward humanity or engage in philanthropic activities – service toward society. Service gives much satisfaction to the mind and soul.
“The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.”
― Audrey Hepburn